Monday 16 September 2013

"Falling for China"

Oh yes- it would have been far too easy to fall and sprain my wrist back in Canada, where my super-wonderful Doctor would have ordered xrays and got the results the same day. Noooooo....I have to fall in Shanghai- on my first day of work- and have the weight of my body land on one hand. I went online and I'm pretty sure it's just badly sprained and defintiely bruised. I think I'd be in a whole lot more pain if it was broken. The school nurse gave me an ice pack and I brought my ice pack from home. If it looks bad again (or worse) tomorrow, ny translator- Sunshine - will bring me for xrays.

Did I mentions that there is a big warning in Chinese to watch your step? 

2 comments:

  1. Yup, good old Chinese construction. It won't be the first or last time you trip. Probably will happen at least once a day.

    BTW, falling from the same level or higher accounts for almost %70 of accidents in Canada.

    Keep your eyes low and pick up those feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey- Good to hear from you! Yes, you can bet I'll be watching more closely. Man, my wrist really hurts- first time in my life I've done this. The "step" occurs at each level of my office bldg. It has not purpose except to trip up Canadians- shame on me for getting "fooled"
    lol!

    ReplyDelete