Tuesday 17 September 2013

Visiting a Chinese Hospital, Moon Cakes & assorted other items...


Yes. Why break your wrist in Canada when you can do it in China? Why not?
The hospital was incredibly efficient. Six dollars Canadian to open a file. $11.00 for the Xray and $35.00 for the cast and the medications. The doctor was very gentle and sweet. Gave me pain killers and Chinese medicine to get the blood moving through my body.Cast gets removed in one month.
Trying to figure out what clothes I can wear, how to bathe and wash my hair- without getting the darn thing wet (plaster underneath- gauze tape wrapped around).

Mid-Autumn Festival begins Thursday- thank goodness- I have four days off. We go back to teach on Sunday- running on a Friday schedule. (and I thought Heritage had odd ways of making up lost classes....)


Hospital card, Chinese Medicine to keep the blood moving (???)- and pain killers. Th elittle booklet has the information I need to bring with me on October 17 to have the darn thing removed.


Breakfast offerings at the Canteen at SFLS - greasy but very good. Like a pancake with green onions and other tasty stuff.
Moon Cakes. Two boxes of six each - to celebrate Mid- Autumn Festival. Pork-filled and Phyllo paster- have not tried, but look delicious!
Plate of (hot) Chinese "treats" from neighbour and fellow foreign teacher Vicky. Comfort food for my nasty wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment