Wednesday 18 September 2013

Randomness..........

Had a wonderful Skype session with Emma last night. It was a little "pixelly" at times and we lost our connection once, but altogether it was very nice to catch up!

Today is the first day of a three-day Mid-Autumn Festival- celebrated with "moon cakes" and fireworks, I'm told
I have not tried them yet, as they are filled with pork and I need to re-introduce myself to pork slowly. Had a bit of pork belly at the Canteen on Tuesday- it was delicious and my stomach was fine. Will bite into one this weekend.

It only hurts when I laugh.
Day two with my cast. I'm trying to show the bruising peeking out from the bottom of my cast. I still need pain killers every four hours, and at the end of the day, it kind of throbs- but only because I don't have it in the sling 24/7. I have to have it "loose" to board the bus, walk up and down stairs and eat. Because of the shape of the cast, chopsticks are very awkward. I got rice all up inside the top where my fingers are.....ew.......time for a fork.

Maya from Wakefield, sent me an email this wee. She tells me it's very cold in Ottawa these days! Frost warnings! It is 76 degrees @ 7 a.m. this Thursday morning - going to  high of 86 degrees (about 30 celsius)

2 comments:

  1. Cast looks very elegant. Garbage bag or saran wrap on your wrist for washing. I can't believe you broke your arm.

    Beautiful day here today. 25 and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU can't believe it? I have NEVER broken a bone in my life. I waited until I was in the sketchiest medical country in the world. Thank goodness I didn't have to have surgery......

      Delete