Tuesday 24 September 2013

IKEA pictures - Visited on Saturday September 21st- Shanghai

Look familiar?
I orderd the Smoked Salmon and Bean salad- it was delicious! My Chinese colleagues tell me that eating at IKEA is very popular because the food is good and it is inexpensive. Monday through to Friday, "Seniors" have FREE coffee and it acts as a reality "dating" service " for the 50+ crowd. This was verified by three people- ( Triangulation- for the 
anthropologists it the crowd.....) Yes, China has "dating sites" online. But these are not popular with this crowd- how sweet!



Our Dorm is under construction - so lots of dust and dirt. But, the women who are the caretakers of our floor are quite wonderful. Floor is washed each day and I come home to blu-ish suds in my toilet- both waste baskets emptied and water coolers/heaters replaced. The dorm is old and stained and yellowed, but they keep it as clean as possible.

So, while I was suing a plastic up to wet and rinse my hair in the bath each night, I came home to a 'SUGGESTION" I believe, from the women who clean our rooms. They were very sympathetic when they saw my cast one week ago. I think they figured out I was splashing - somewhat ineffectively with a plastic beer-sized cup. So, they reminded me ( I think) that  I could use the shower spout......it worked beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment