Sunday 15 September 2013

Half way through my first day

So my first three classes-back-to-back-starting at 8:05 a.m. grade 8, 6, and 11,respectively, were filled with bright, talkative- some naughty- kids. What dolls the grade-sixers are! I am going to fall in love with them, for sure! The grade eights were the noisiest, but i brought out my big guns! The grade 11's were fantastic! Smart and funny!
I had a 3 hour break. One of my students spent 1 hour chatting with me in shared office- about her trip to Canada this summer. So cute-she wants to study medicine at McMaster.

Off I went to my grade 10 classes- two in row beginning at 1:30. No students-locked door. Called around til I got a hold of "Hannah".The Grade10's have a day of rest because of 7 days of military training.Whoops- someone forgot to tell me.

Oh- I forgot to mention that I tripped on 1-inch raised step-that has HUGE YELLOW CHINESE CHARACTERS written on the floor warning there's a step. My right wrist took the brunt of my weight. The nurse at the clinic gave me an ice pack. I feel like such an idiot. "The clumsy Canadian"- makes a big splash at Shanghai Foreign Languages School (SFLS)

I am typing this with my left hand- slow going.

I am going to try to sneak away early today. Classes are done. I doubt students will visit any more today.

No comments:

Post a Comment