Sunday 22 September 2013

Teaching onSunday, recent purchases, varia

So, we are back to school for a six-day stretch- Sunday to Friday. Today was a friday schedule, so it was not too bad. Mondays and Thursdays I have 5 classes with few break, so these are my most difficult days.
Imet the second of my two Junior 2 (Grade 8) classes- and they are both incredibly unruly. The res to my 16 groups of teaching are lovely. I can't figure it out? Hormones? I was so determined to get control today that I did a "dictation" - which I know they hate- and I made it up as I went along. It was about how del-behaved Canadian students are; how they do not talk in class; they respect their teachers; etc; etc. You could hear a pin drop...............wish me luck with these two 40-minute classes for the rest of the term....sigh........
Random pics
My current reading material. The school has a "resource Room" where we can borrow materials to use in our classrooms. It is 99% Mandarin with a very few exceptions.
Recent purchases

Reading bedside lamp- yes- a necessity. Alarm clock and watch. I ran over in two classes last week and had teachers knocking on my door. Sometimes the school bells ring to change classes and sometimes not. So, I bought a watch- there are NO clocks in the hallways, classrooms or offices. And yes, it is a "money" watch - year of the monkey, don't you know!

IKEA goodies- pillows candles and blanket. IKEA photos are on my cell and it is re-charging - will post soon.

The closest to American gum I can find- the rest is chemical-fruit-tasting luckiness. I ate through my stash of Tylenol last week before I visited the hospital and got pain-killers. Nice to find a replacement pack for my "medicine cabinet". (It's the "little" things that make my days....little, tiny finds....)

No comments:

Post a Comment