Saturday 14 September 2013

Sunday September 15 @ 6 a.m.

Slept until 5:30 a.m this morning- yeah! Finally adjusting to China time. I teach at 8:05 a.m Monday through Friday 9 bummer!) so getting up early will be the norm.

How was I posting without Internet (Emma's question)- I was making notes on my laptop each day hoping to "copy and paste" to Blog once I got "wired". It worked!

Is my Dorm on the Campus? (Also Emma's question). Yes, but the one thing no one told me is that the campus is completely under construction, so classes are being held in "temporary" spaces until 2017. I have to bus to school. It takes about 20 minutes and then I have a five minute walk. There are three separate campuses for Shanghai Foreign Languages School (SFLS). I was initially told I would be teaching on all three- then only on two - then just one. Thank goodness- that would have been a lot of running around.

I have a total of 19 teaching hours ( 40 minutes each) so 13 hours per week. Some days are crazy (Mondays) and some days are easy (Tuesdays). My latest day runs until 4 pm. (Thursday). With some very long breaks between (some) classes on (some) days, I can prep in my office - where I have access to computer, printer, etc.

Whoever controls the weather here has pushed the "cruise control" button. High of 76 F and with the humidity - 86F. Rooms in Dorm have A/C- hallways do not - so you know on your way to the kitchen in the morning how hot it is.

Teachers' offices have A/C - classrooms do not. Likewise for "heat". (This ought to be fun! Can someone send some wool long johns please?)
My cell number is: 1-500-093-2017 Emergencies only- it will be very expensive for you- not me- I just use "minutes"
Pics to follow. Uploading now.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment