Tuesday 1 October 2013

Day One: National Holiday - October 1st.

My initial quest for good coffee at an (alleged) Starbucks within walking distance got quashed today. It occurred to me that I will not be eating at the Canteen for the next seven days, and while I had "snacks" and fruit and juice, I didn't have very much food for meals. So, off the Hongkou Plaza. The place was packed - and I can pick out the tourists from the locals. I  saw FOUR non-Asians today in my travels- mostly in and around the Plaza. That's a record for me!
Hope this works as a substitute tomorrow morning.

My Chinese colleagues keep warming me about how COOLLD!!!! it will be in winter in Shanghai. I saw these and they were wool and a good price, so I got them. The matching scarf was outrageously priced, so I'll keep looking

This is for you, Cheryl:

I'll post more on fb because my Blog uploads photos so very slowly!

No comments:

Post a Comment