Tuesday 8 October 2013

My 'new' shopping area- discovered during my 7-day National Holiday

I can walk to this area in about 20 minutes. I really like the shops and have tried one restaurant- twice! Once with a colleague and once on my own.
The Eucalyptus Cafe and Gust House is a wonderful little find...................
The Guest House rooms run from 250 yuan to 500 yuan per night. Very reasonable. I have already decided that if I have a guest visiting and I am not in an apartment, they can stay here. An easy and straightforward walk to my Dorm- with a bar and cafe on the main floor. In a quaint little cobble-stoned   community of residences.
Love my Caesar salad there - so went back to try other menu items
I thought the "vegetable burger was chinglish for "Veggie" burger. I wanted a Soya/tofu pattie - or a Vegetable pat
tie.
Looked appetizing when it arrived. Complete with fries already dressed with ketchup
Opened it up to find broccoli, onion, zucchini and other assorted vegetables saturated with mayonnaise and ketchup - covered  with a slightly melted Kraft Cheese slice.
I ate the fries......................
Here are some shots I took on my walk in this area. This is a chain store you see everywhere in Shanghai. The "Family Mart" sells snacks, drinks, ready-made sandwiches, etc. My students warned me against buying sandwiches there. Apparently they look good, but are not.............
Hongkou Stadium is along the way. "Football" - soccer- is quite popular here


These are extremely popular places in Shanghai- and indeed in major cities throughout China- as my trip in March 2012 revealed.
Construction site- just a  glimpse beyond the fence and the construction truck being used.
Musicians in the park and a park ride - on which everyone was screaming. Even the locals were taking pictures. A little shop with colourful balloons out front. Went in to buy a water and saw it a "high-end" Family Mart in this trendy area.



And,  finally, this is why I chose "south-east China" to live and work in- Shanghai in particular. This was taken on October 3rd

No comments:

Post a Comment