Friday 4 October 2013

Typhoon warning, Vegetable burger & Bailey's

So, after a lovely afternoon in my (new) favourite place to walk, shop and eat, I got home (4-ish?) to an email from the Canadian Consulate in Shanghai. I registered my stay here before I arrived. It was a warning of a Typhoon (Tifow) headed our way. It is supposed to land Sunday night. I don't go back to work until Tuesday- which means I really don't have to go outside. The winds are (currently) 132 mph. Let's hope it settles a little before it hits.

I had lunch at the Eucalyptus Cafe yesterday. I ordered the "Vegetable Burger" thinking it was
"Chinglish" and that I would get a Veggie Burger- tofu, I thought. But I was wrong. It was a bun filled with cherry tomatoes, broccoli, and onion ( and other vegetables I did not recognize). Garnished with french fries and lettuce. I picked away at it because it was saturated with mayonnaise and ketchup. That's all I could taste...................yuck. Live and learn.

Afterwards, I walked back home VIA Hongkou Plaza as I needed odds and sods. The Bailey's Boys were still there givng out free booze! Two days in a row- a very nice drink on a Friday afternoon.

Forgot my digital camera, so used my cell. Pictures pending. ( I asked two young women sitting beside me to take my photo drinking Bailey's. It's quite fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment