Sunday 20 October 2013

My Chinese student's "English" names

I have not talked about the students' English names. They are given one by a teacher or a tutor ( early in  their education)- or they choose their own ( change it) when they get to upper grades.
I have almost all of my family in my 18 classes:
Kevin- many of them- sometimes two in the same class ( Kevin 1 & Kevin 2)
Emma
Grace
Hannah
Helen
Jo Jo
Joe ( a girl!)
Cookie
Jay(son) - tons of Jasons!
But I also have some interesting selections:
Mr. Bean
 Kane
Iverson
Gordonson
Edison
Salvatore (!)
King ( male student)
Zero ( a girl)

I have one Mary and two Alices...............cool!
Some very pretty names:
Chloe
Kitty
Spring

My colleague Lingtai told me he has an "Ironic" in one of his classes. He told me he asked his student to change that name....I thought the student was very clever!

I wonder what their names are..................?

No comments:

Post a Comment