Thursday 19 June 2014

A wonderful day spent with Dale - one of my Senior 1 students

 I have NEVER had a drink at Coco's - a chain that sells "fresh and healthy" drinks. I was told it was good, but my Mandarin is limited. We started our day with hot lemon/lime fresh beverages. Dale had "sugar" and told them to hold the sugar for me.
 Here are the choices- free cucumber, fresh strawberry, etc
 The ONLY "fast food" place I have seen that has a "full smile" in the rating is Starbucks- and very "high-end" restaurants like Watani - Japanese. We got drinks anyway. Dale said : "Starbucks has VERY high standards"  . "Western standards, he means………..
 The cinema is on the 6th floor of the Hongkou Plaza. HUGE with 9 screens……...
 We wanted IMAX and 3D for "Edge of Tomorrow"- but the seats were sold out. We got 3D - regular cinema
 After the film - which is "fun" - loud, lots of shooting, and the 3D is totally unnecessary ( as usual)- we went to Pizza Hut for lunch - MY treat. His parents bought the tickets online the night before and insisted that they pay - 45 rmb- about $7.00 Canadian
 The hostess took out picture while we waited for a table. He didn't smile -  don't know why? He is very cute when he smiles…….
 The entrance to the Pizza Hut is a spiral staircase with the theme of "Samba" meals. Very typical of Western Chains here in China.
 Here is Dale at school - smiling - very cute little man
 He chose the steak and broccoli and spaghetti entre. We shared a Garden sale - big enough to share and I had escargot

 The Escargot was delicious
I was out the whole day. Dale ran "errands" with me for the post-lunch period. I got a hug and a card I am NOT to open until I arrive bak in Canada. Gosh, I will REALLY miss sue of these kids!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment