Friday 6 June 2014

Cockroach in the Dorm, Rat in the Canteen................

I rode the bus with Bianca this morning at 7 a.m   She shared with me that on Monday after school, she was in the bathroom  and something caught her eye. A "live" cockroach the size of her little finger - in the corner of the room - frantically trying to find the exit.

Cue to "shiver" extensively. I did.

When I first moved into the Dorm, my biggest fear was cockroaches The Dorm is "Chinese Clean" - as us Foreigners say. But after months of seeing nothing, I became quite complacent. When Bianca asked me if I had seen the white powdery substance at our doors and in the elevator, I remembered that I had.
The Ayi seemed "nonplussed" when Bianca arrived with a note from her Chinese Colleagues about her experience............we clearly have cockroaches- yeah!!!

I have seen rats digging in the garbage in the alleyways here in Shanghai. But, Bianca had my attention and told me she has seen rats running into and out of the Canteen at school.
I have NOT seen this and I was NOT happy to hear about this. I have restricted my trips to the Canteen considerably - after the THIRD Foreign teacher ended up in hospital after eating there. On the days when I have no choice, I just pray it will be a good day.
Guess who will be scrubbing every crumb out of her "food shelf" this weekend???

No comments:

Post a Comment