Tuesday 17 June 2014

Whole afternoon at Immigration- passport extension ready on June 26th

Sunshine's Mom and Dad gave her the phone number of  Police man who works in Immigration- in case we ran into "difficulties". We completed all the forms, I got my photo taken and we were issued a number and took a seat. The place was packed. Our ticket said 61 people ahead of us…………..I anticipated this - having been here last September with Lingtai to apply for my Residency Visa.
This time, I was applying for an extension on that Visa- so would not have leave China on June 30th.
Sunshine ran to a window when it opened - just ask IF we had the right paperwork- we didn't , of course.  Missing, was a document from the Hongkou District Police testifying that I HAD been living in that district for 10 1/2 months. Sunshine was stunned- no one told her this. That's when she picked up her phone and called her parent's friend. She had never met him, but he found us - took my passport and the papers and took off for 30 minutes.
 When he returned, h approached a window when it freed up and gestured us over. It was not our turn.
The woman processed my application and issued the "temporary" passport above. He saved the day. We were so grateful!!!!!!!! Yeah Sunshine's parents' friend!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment