Friday 20 June 2014

Day 5 without a passport in China: What can I do? Babysit

I will not have my passport back from Immigration until June 26 - IF Sunshine does not have to supervise an exam. Hopefully, all goes well and they will approve my application for an extended stay in China. If not, Dawn will arrive June 28th and we will fly to Thailand on June 30th- my expiry date. I HATE "unknowns"- as a Type A personality- this year has been difficult enough with last-minute changes to my teaching schedule on a weekly basis.

What can one do in China without a passport?  Eat, sleep, read, watch "Orange is the New Black"     ( yes!  Crazy Eyes is my favourite)

Shop? Yes, but not for SIM cards, Internet  OR Exchange currency. ( I DID make a big stink about changing yuan to Canadian $ last Thursday- they KNOW me there - they acquiesced - but told me NOT to come back again without my passport…..sigh……)

Yesterday, I walked Alethea up and down the hallway in her carriage, while Murray hurriedly got a bottle of formula rear for her. Adelia was out for a bit, and Alethea thought she might be getting hungry. She prefers mother's milk, but formula works in a pinch
That's when Murray asked me if I would babysit so they could get some time together. I agreed. Alethea does not have a passport either.  It is illegal to have "dual citizenship" in China, so Murray and Adelia are waiting for her British passport.  There is a HUGE backlog for Visas in Englnd right now.  Alethea- I feel you pain………….

No comments:

Post a Comment