Monday 23 June 2014

Bored…….walking the mall for hours…………..shopping in the local neighbourhood



 As much as I was sooo happy when school ended, it means my "face
-to-face" conversations in English with other humans has diminished considerably. Dawn has called me from Canada and those conversations have been awesome!  But the Dorm is almost empty now- Murray and Adelia and baby Alethea are busy packing for their exit tomorrow. So, I walk the mall for exercise and something to do…

Bought these crazy leather Hush Puppies (above) yesterday. Little comfortable flats - with outrageous Branding on the top of the shoe. I could not resist. They were on sale for a great price! The two sales women were very helpful when I pointed out my bunions. They chose these and they accommodate my problematic feet beautifully.

On Sunday afternoon, I walked in my neighbourhood on one of my favourite streets with shops for the locals with just about anything one would need - Food, household items, lamps, dress shops, etc- all little "specialized" shops. It is quite sweet.


 These are not my pics, but they certainly capture the street  view flavour of my neighbourhood



I decided to (finally) purchase some cotton pyjama bottoms that I have seen everywhere. Nice, cool, cotton -simple- but with a little scalloped cuff at the bottom.  At 20 rmb ( $3.17 Cdn) , I did not have the heart to bargain…….
 These little beauties are very typical of what older ( and certainly "poorer" ) Chinese women wear in the street. I definitely wanted a pair of these before I leave this country. The woman in this shop was particularly delighted when I entered the shop and actually purchased a pair  of pants. Again, I did not bargain, I just paid the $4.60 ( Canadian) price tag………..lol…..this is how these people make their daily living.
 These cotton capri pants are  a little more "Western" looking. But have a look at the detail on the pocket (below). This to me is what makes them "local"
 Different shop, but same price as the red ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment