Sunday 15 June 2014

Internet expenses, Netflix marathon and a Residency Visa that expires June 30th????

 This little device has allowed me contact with "home" for the last eleven months. On Friday, the SIM card expired - for the fourth time since I've been here. So, I was forced to buy yet another package for my last three weeks in China. After that, I will be in countries with more friendly and accessible Internet access.
The smallest package they have is for three months……..You must bring your passport and they copy your visa and attach it to the sales receipt for their records. I'm not sure the Chinese government actually LOOKS at these records- but it's the law. The young fellow serving me pointed out in broken English that I had only TWO weeks left on my Visa - NOT the three weeks that I was explaining to him. Sure enough, my Residency Visa expires on June 30th. Mmmmmmmm. So when Sunshine showed up to pick up the luggage I gave her, I asked her to check into this. PLEASE goddess- no more surprises………………….

So, for a three-month bundle of Internet access, I guess I'm in for a Netflix marathon……..Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment