Tuesday 10 June 2014

Argh!!!!!!!!!!! China Post

I have been so lucky this last year that postcards, Christmas cards and boxes have safely arrived in Canada. Sometimes a little late- but arrived nonetheless
So I "booked" Sunshine to help me send one last box to Canada - mostly clothes, boots and personal items. It took TWO boxes and cost me $200.00.
I decided to "track" the last box sent - souvenirs from my trip to Xiamen, clothes, jewelry,  books, etc.
Good thing. It had been returned. No phone call to  Sunshine. No notice.
Arghhh!!!!!!!!!!
This one had cost me $100.00 and Customs at Air Canada did not LIKE the contents. Specifics???? No- of course not.
 So, we ripped it open and the lovely woman who inspects the items as we pack, suggested I take the "smelly" things out - hand made soaps, all-natural facial masks- AND to remove the matching jewelry boxes I got as a gift from a Chinese colleague for doing some "voice recordings" for her. Too much metal on the box, she suggested.

They charged me 13 rmb for the box ( $2.00)- how sweet ( Sunshine said it was because I was there and they don't like dealing with Foreigners' tears) - and off it went again.
If ANY of these boxes get returned, I'll be out of the country (Thailand)  and Sunshine will be in Canada with SFLS students.
Wish me luck. I would HATE to lose the clothes I've bought here, two of my favourite winter coats and boots, suit jackets, cool one-of-a-kind pants…….

No comments:

Post a Comment